There have been a multitude of coaches in football history, both college and pro; one of the most colorful was the late Bear Bryant. With his rolled up game plan and his black and white houndstooth hat, we can still see him leaning up against a goal post chatting with writers and fans alike. No matter who you root for in Alabama, you can never forget him. He was a coach by every definition. Even his staunchest foes knew Coach Bryant meant business when it was kickoff time.
In organizations today across Alabama and coast to coast, you simply cannot be the best at what you do anymore. You must be over the top good. Every business needs a service coach. Relationship building and winning go hand in hand. Good coaches have to do the following to better the success of every employee in both productivity and service. The game plan is crucial:
- Understand every employee and what they each do well, and what they each must improve upon to grow.
- Establish clear goals for everyone and follow through to make sure there is success.
- Receive feedback to grow the entire organization. Welcome both good and bad on an equal basis.
- Challenge each individual to collaborate with others in team building strategies.
- Create situations where everyone on the team wins and where everyone is rewarded.
- Be an outstanding communicator who clearly states both mission and core values.
- Focus on results and expect everyone to be results –driven as well.
- Align the corporate vision with collective goals and get everyone cooperating on process.
- Listen to every issue and translate each one to an opportunity that helps everyone.
Business is like a football game every day. Some days you win and some days you lose, but with outstanding leadership and coaching, you will keep trying. Coaching is critical.
In association with this article on coaching and leadership, please click below to seek workshops, classes, and additional information.
This post is brought to you by the good folks at Dale Carnegie Training of Alabama, providers of professional development and management development courses and information in Huntsville, Alabama. We would love to connect with you on Facebook and Twitter @DaleCarnegieALA