Some leaders are just better than others. And the organizations they represent reflect the quality of leadership in every aspect. When we look at competencies, those attributes and skills that make leaders rise above others, we can look at Dale Carnegie himself and how he approached his career from a work perspective.
Through the years, Mr. Carnegie’s continual focus on people and the communities in Alabama and across America has always led to increased leadership and mission for those managers and leaders taking the classes and workshops. His building blocks for leadership have always simple and straight-forward. Here are five critical building blocks for today’s leadership
- Honesty and Ethics: There is good reason why the Carnegie Training and its processes have survived decades. It tells the truth and it is bound by sincerity and responsibility.
- Vision Setting: The consistency of the leader’s message is bound by a commitment to excellence and opportunity;
- Support of Teams: If the leader has the backing of the teams, it allows the team spirit to increase and gives the chance for risk to take place and improve products and service.
- Thoughts, Ideas, Ambitions: An open office and open door policy allows the growth of everyone regardless of position, and the sharing of goals and objectives makes the organization.
- Smooth and Pleasant Relationships: Regardless of the problems or the temperaments, everyone is treated with respect and understanding.
With appreciation and little attention, leaders improve what they do and the organizations they serve.
You can get excellent leadership development training with Leadership Training for Managers scheduled for February 27, 2012 in Birmingham. Click on the class title for further information.
This post is brought to you by the good folks at Dale Carnegie Training of Alabama, providers of professional development and management development courses and information in Huntsville, Alabama. We would love to connect with you on Facebook and Twitter @DaleCarnegieALA