It’s a great day to be a woman in Birmingham, Alabama. According to the Birmingham Business Journal, Alabama now ranks seventh in the nation for growth of women-owned businesses between 1997 and 2011, based on a new report.
The number of women-owned firms in Alabama grew by nearly 66 percent between 1997 and 2011, according to the American Express Open State of Women-Owned Business Report, growing from 69,500 in 1997 to 115,200 in 2011. Employment at women-owned businesses grew more than 3 percent.
But whether you’re a woman or a man, Dale Carnegie Training of Birmingham has a course that can help you elevate your leadership skills to a new level. Called Leadership Training for Managers, this course will be held Tuesdays starting June 6 from 1 to 4:30 p.m.
Throughout this course, you’ll learn how to:
- Influence your employees choices and assist them in reaching their goals
- Stop managing and start leading
- Lead by example
- Create a vision, a common ground
- Develop strategies that make things happen
- Take intelligent risks
- Influence people to follow you
- Gain cooperation at every level
- Lead a winning team, department or organization
- Empower others to deliver results
- Recognize individual and team success
- Define performance standard and hold people accountable
- Master the eight-step planning process
This post is brought to you by the good folks at Dale Carnegie Training of Birmingham, Alabama, providers of professional development and management development courses and information in Birmingham, Alabama. We would love to connect with you on Facebook and Twitter @DaleCarnegieALA.