The Birmingham Business Alliance has elected new officers, executive committee and directors, according to The Birmingham News. James McManus, chief executive of Energen Corp., is the new chairman and succeeds Dowd Ritter, the alliance’s first chairman.
The groups other new officers are:
- Chairman-elect Johnny Johns of Protective Life
- Vice Chair of Economic Development Charles McCrary of Alabama Power
- Vice Chair of Regional Development/Public Policy John McMahon of Ligon Industries
- Vice Chair of Communications Jesse Lewis of The Birmingham Times
- Vice Chair of Finance C. Phillip McWane of McWane Inc.
- Vice Chair of Nominations Dowd Ritter
- Co-Vice Chairs of implementation Rob Burton of Hoar Construction, Jay Grinney of HealthSouth and Fred McCallum of AT&T Inc.
“It is an honor to serve as BBA’s chairman of the board along with the other officers of the organization,” McManus said in a release. “As the implementation of Blueprint Birmingham accelerates, the benefits of this aggressive five-year plan have the potential to yield tangible and visible results throughout the seven-county region.”